Monday, April 23, 2007

March 2007

The symptoms of Alzheimer Disease can be incredibly variable. Some days are terrible and some days the person can seem almost completely normal. It is impossible to predict from day to day.

March 19, 2007
Nana had a good day today. Her friend R came to visit tonight.

Yesterday was not so good. I had made plans to go to church for the first time since early January. Nana woke me at 4:00 AM saying that she needed to escape and she could not get out. I explained that it was the middle of the night and she was in her own house and she should go back to bed. Then she came and told me that someone had put a banana in the fish tank and that she had to work and work to get it out. I was too tired to go back in the living room so I suggested that she leave the fish tank alone and go back to bed.

When I left the house to go to church, I did not see Nana. But the bathroom door was closed, and Fluffy was on her bed. When I came home from church, M was all upset because she could not find Nana when she got here. She looked everywhere. She even called her mother. She finally found Nana upstairs. She had not been up there since last fall when K was still here. M had difficulty convincing Nana that she needed to come back downstairs, and that she should not go up there again.

A2 spent a long time working on the fish tank filters tonight. Nana had taken them all apart yesterday trying to remove the banana, I guess. But A2 got them working again. Life sure has been an adventure around here lately.

March 30, 2007
The past several days have been good for Nana. She is even playing the piano some afternoons. Today she got her hair done. Then A took her out for dinner. We have had sunshine and warm weather two days in a row. Maybe spring really is here.

No comments: